Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Two Easters

Caroline, her parents, and me at Crescent Beach 
This year we celebrated "Western" Easter with Caroline's family at our home with the newly refurbished kitchen, followed a week later by Orthodox Easter at my parents place with my family. That means twice the food and sweets. Sometimes they overlap, sometimes not. Easter is an important milestone for me as it marks a year since I became ill. And got better.

My bike rides are getting longer and my leash to VGH is also lengthening, so it is only a matter of time before I start riding with the group again.

We will be picking up Zoe from Kelowna UBCO this weekend, and Jason will be back from Montreal at the end of the month. Looking forward to seeing them!
Tsoureki (Greek Easter Bread) and Koulouria and red eggs












2 comments:

  1. Your bike riding shows what fantastic progress you are making. Hearty congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear your good progress continues. While you have a full house I'm afraid Craig and I may be empty-nesters for the summer. Sam is off treeplanting again in Northern BC and Georgia hopes to work in Banff after graduation in June! Can't believe how the time flies.
    Keep blogging and riding!

    ReplyDelete