Saturday 14 January 2012

R is for Recovery

After enduring R for Relapse and R for Rejection (as well as R for Remission), this week I have completed my day 100 post transplant testing including bone marrow biopsy and am able to say I am in the Recovery phase of this illness. The bone marrow was all clear! Yahoo!

I am living in my own home, eating and drinking normally, and building strength daily. I will continue to have challenges with reduced immune function and strength over the next year or more but it is nice to be coming out of the fog. I've been enjoying snippets of sunshine and Vitamin D on the back deck and fortunately we have lots of big trees to shield the neighbours from my maximally exposed skin! Thanks again to all of you who are my support team and helped get me to this place.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are very happy for you and i personaly senting you my best wishes for a spedy recovery.Eirini and jim pomonis

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news but I'm not surprised. You're a fighter:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Steve
    Wow just caught up on your journey of the last year. I am so glad that you are on the upwards swing. I am sure that prayers, family, friends and positve attitudes are a blessing in the process!
    Hope to meet up with you again in the near future
    Elly & the Chilliwack docs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Steve
    You have just made our day...the best news ever!!
    We know you've got what it takes(and you've clearly shown it) to rise up and strut your stuff. All the best for a recovery to beat all recoverys!!
    Pam and Frank Koerner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on passing your 100 day testing, Steve! We're very happy you're on the road to recovery.
    Vicky & Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best news we've heard in 2012! So happy for you and Dr Ferris and your family. Cheers. Ken and Carol Vance

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Great news!! So happy for you. Sending you our positive vibes.

    Sincerely,
    Martha & Steve Snidanko

    ReplyDelete