Saturday 7 April 2012

Graduation

This past week I had my indwelling IV line removed and am transitioning from weekly visits at VGH to only monthly (with weekly bloodwork in Surrey) We celebrated by opening the hot tub and enjoying the (brief) bout of sunshine, and a glass of wine. Later I can start swimming again which is great therapy.

Spent 5 days with my family in Vancouver while the restoration team completed the repairs to our kitchen after the flood we had in December. We even got new granite countertops (that's my girl side talking again).

While in Vancouver I was able to enjoy bike rides, including this one around the Seawall with my sister Michelle and my 2 nephews. Had some great meals courtesy of my Mom and Dad and visited with many extended family members, some whom I have not seen for a full year. It is hard to believe that a year has passed since I first became ill.

Optomistic that this increasing independence and strengthening will continue over Easter and beyond! Thanks to all!

3 comments:

  1. You're looking great! So glad things are slowly getting back to normal...and you got granite countertops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to everyone in the Ferris and Larigakis families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, in fact I didn't know you until about a half an hour ago. I came across your cause on facebook randomly and have been reading about your story. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well post transplant! My brother had lymphoblastic lymphoma and had a very long intensive treatment at VGH. I was fortunate enough to have been his match for the transplant. Ever since I have been an advocate for the unrelated registry. I can only image what would have happened to my brother if I hadn't been his match. It breaks my heart to see families suffer, I would donate again in a heartbeat. I didn't have anything prolific to say, just thought I would share my well wishes and send you nothing but positive energy on your recovery journey.

    ReplyDelete