Thursday 26 May 2011

from haircuts to pisspots

Got a badly needed haircut today from my father with assistance from my mom, like the days when I was a pre-teen and my dad did all my haircuts. It's not falling out yet, just unruly. Had a nice chicken soup lunch with them.  And then I started to pee. And I have hardly stopped since. Peed out 5 pounds, and the tumours are visibly shrinking! I must be peeing out the tumour cells, and taking my accumulated water with them. So my double chin is gone and my puffy feet are gone. Rash is fading but the itch molecules are still blasting me, but there is light on the horizon.

Oncologist called and suggested a change to my treatment program, alternating CHOP and GDP chemo every 3 weeks. Then bone marrow transplant at VGH when it is in remission.  Success rate of up to 80% reported with this protocol. Yes, reasons for optimism.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter Jamie-Lynn and I both know in our hearts that you will beat this thing. Thinking of you, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I just found out today! My prayers are with you but I just KNOW you will beat this all and put it behind you for good. You're a great person and a fantastic doctor, and you will be for many, many years to come. Glad to hear the success rate is so high! You need a trip to Greece after all this is over just to relax and fill your sails again. :)

    Stephano Barberis

    ReplyDelete
  3. There be magic in mama's chicken soup...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the time goes by too many changes in our lives, but this will not stop the journey of life must go on, the freedom, desire, passion to whatever we want to happened is our own creation. I have travelled and see the world. As an artist model I work and collaborates with the artist painters professionally, for the arts and cultures to discovered the beauty surround us. I have raised money for the muscular dystrophy in WINNIPEG, MB this year Sept. 20, 2014. So all be well to you Steve, and you can count on me, good rapport build strong foundation without hesitation. i have known Steve since July 1988, his caring personality is an asset to his patients, friends and neighbors Take care By: Maria Christina Yap-Moleje Calleja [ CHRISTY CALLEJA ]

    ReplyDelete