Saturday 28 May 2011

Flashback to previous life

Had a nice visit with Brenda yesterday, bringing me greetings and love from my medical colleagues and friends.  I cut off ties with them rather abruptly when I became ill, and it all seems like a previous life right now. I have tried to create an oasis of calm here in our home situated among the trees and looking out to the sea, with music playing and a gentle breeze coming in the window. As passionate as I have been in making positive changes to the delivery of health in our community, that role is now passed to others as it should be. I am grateful to have been part of it and hope to resume a perhaps different role in the future.


As far as effects of chemotherapy go, it seems to be working, as I continue to pee out lots of toxins and drink lots of fluids. Appetite is still good and keeping up my nutrition. Going for walks in the nearby forest with Caroline.

Today, riding friend, Todd, came by with a mocha (my riding energy drink) and magazines and stuff. I put him to work, as I do many of my visitors who help on "The Journey". He cleaned out the pool filters, and took away residual pesticides from the house and garden shed and took them to the disposal depot.  Their lingering presence disturbed me and I was glad to see them go.

Now, time for a rest...

4 comments:

  1. Dr L. I am praying for your speedy recovery. This is a good thing you are doing all this blogging, I personally do not blog but I do write a lot of things down and you are so right it is theraputic. I don't have to tell you how shocked I was to find you not at my appointment and even more shocked to find out why. There isn't another Dr. for me so you have to get well and back to work and get healthy above all. And family and friends are everything, w/o them no telling where we'd be. I will keep you in my prayers and follow your blog/recovery. Take care my friend and make no mistake I see you as not only my Dr. but a friend.
    Patricia Fallis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, all power to you in overcoming this. We're rooting for you from Kosovo/south London. Love and best wishes, Alex, Jeta and Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dr. Larigakis, this is the Snidanko family writing to you from New York. My mom told me the news about you today. So sorry to hear what you are facing. We are sending you our very, very best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thinking of you and your family and praying for you.
    All our best wishes, Martha,Steve, Sophia, Julia and Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Steve,
    Thanks for keeping us up to date on how things are going. We are all rooting for you over here and sending you loads of positive energy and prayers. We are just down the block and are here if you need anything. Brent and I are around all the time so just give us a shout if you want company or someone to fetch and carry!
    Lots of love, Karyn, Brent, Sam and Eli

    ReplyDelete