Saturday 23 July 2011

Temporary Setback

A series of events banded together this week to send me to hospital, but fortunately I am now at home enjoying good food, family attention, and reading on the patio.  The effects of chemotherapy, lymphoma fever, and dehydration combined to make me sick, but transfusions and medications combined to make me feel better again. I need go back to hospital tonight but should be fit for discharge tomorrow and resumption of my new chemo drug.

Fun visit yesterday from colleagues; Alan, Martin, and I came up with an escalating series of new and wacky ways to treat patients, which led Yvonne (and Kathie) to comment that we should come up with our own version of the Big Bang Theory TV Series.

Family is organizing a stem cell and blood drive and will send out more information soon.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are back on track. I was concerned when you hadn't posted in a while. I attempted to donate blood last week, but I was denied due to recent travel:(
    Sending positive thoughts and sunshine your way.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your family. Sorry to hear you had a set back, but glad that the Dr.s are taking care of you and making you feel better. Lynn G, patient

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steve, sending my positive thoughts your way. Every journey is different but attitude is key no matter what. Look forward to seeing you back on the bike when the time is right. Cheers, Jonathan

    ReplyDelete