Thursday 28 July 2011

Long Beach!

Well, after suffering a setback last week I have emerged stronger and healthier than I have since the onset of my illness almost 3 months ago. I am tolerating the new medication well, day 4 today, and my rash, fevers, and swelling have all but disappeared, and my blood counts have returned almost to normal. Yipee!



My friend Steve called yesterday and insisted on flying us up to his place in Tofino for a few days and the time is right. I have been dreaming of running my feet through the sand once again!

The family has been incredibly busy organizing and promoting a stem cell drive through OneMatch.ca and CBS and have over 200 donors registered already!


Check out the short video and poster:

                                     http://bit.ly/GiveTIME4steve

                                                                              Poster

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    That's a great little video. We have shared in on facebook. We wish we were young and virile enough to do it ourselves.
    That's awful you ended up in hospital, but they are there when you need them... and that's a good thing!
    Good luck with the new drug.
    Long beach is pretty special. Glad to hear you got to exercise your tootsies in it!
    All the best, Jennifer & Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    I have also posted your video on Facebook, and I am trying to sign up as a donor too but I seem to be a little over the age limit :(
    Thinking of you and sending lots of positive karma your way,
    Barbara Robertson (dept of anesthesia PAH)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve: I also have shared your video on Face Book. I was previously signed up as a donor, but may now be too old. I was saddened and surprised to read about your illness. Kyle brought the letter home from your office and I tried to post a comment awhile ago, but it would not work. Thank you for sharing with us as you proceed on this difficult journey. It is comforting to read about all the support and love you have in your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you beat this and recover!! Hope M

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone who is wondering if you were previously in the system as a blood marrow donor and are now over 50 you stay in their system until 60 years of age. So...I am glad to say I am still there.

    ReplyDelete