Friday 11 November 2011

Remembrance Day Weekend

It is my daughter Zoe's 18th birthday this weekend, and she is visiting from UBCO in Kelowna for the occasion. It is so nice to see and hug her. Her warmth gives me a huge boost. Of course, I had not planned to be in hospital at this time, but circumstances dictated otherwise. The good news is that the new medicine is working and I am eating more, which is the first step to getting home again.
Current entertainment includes the Jeeves and Wooster series, a hilarious and light British comedy. Just finished reading the Witch of Babylon, a historical thriller, and returning to the lighthearted Alexander McCall Smith series "Ladies Detective Agency" set in Botswana.

Other good news is that my energy has been getting better and I have been able to ride the stationary bike daily for  a light spin, and do some resistance exercises, inspired by one of Werner's affirmations "I am getting stronger every day". These kinds of affirmations and the support of many continue to sustain me.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve~
    So many think of you daily.... if you only knew , many ask me regularily of you and your progrss ... WE CARE !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    I think about you often and pray that you will be back at your practice in the foreseeable future. I am off to Baguio City in the Philippines for a few months and will be back in the spring. I guess I just can't drop my globe trotting habits, so I will continue while I am still able to travel.
    I will keep you posted. Take care and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of you and Zoe, Steve! You are looking stronger and healthier.
    It's wonderful you are able to bike ride daily. We are so happy to read of your progress. Keep getting stronger every day. You are always in our prayers. God bless! Vicky & Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't believe how many people are affected by this horrible disease. I also can't believe that it was 15 years ago that my dad died from Pancreatic Cancer. I remember how much you were there for him during that time and I wish in some way I could return the favour. I think of you and your family often and just want to thank you for being such a wonderful doctor and a wonderful person. You have made an impact on me and my mom and we thank you for that. I pray that you can find the strength to beat this horrible cancer!
    Diana Robertson

    ReplyDelete