Monday 20 June 2011

Father's Day


Yesterday was Father's Day, but it really has been Father's Week for me.  Our son returned from McGill on Thursday, and our daughter graduated from High School on Friday, followed by a family celebration at the house. I was so proud!

Saturday was Ride to Survive, and I joined to greet the courageous bike riders like Dave and Glen (and Tobin) and volunteers as they arrived in North Delta after their 400 km trek from Kelowna infusing another $300,000 into cancer research.

And Sunday I was treated to a bike ride through the forest, and dinner out in a private Tatami Room.

This was all on the heels of the last chemo on Wednesday which left me feeling draggy. So a couple of days of lazing around are in order before my chemo boost on Wed.

3 comments:

  1. Dr Larigakis
    Wow ,Robert was at the clinic today and upon going to make a personal appointment with you found your letter!! We are saddened to hear of your health issues . Bobby called me right away ,You know over many years how much he has had to rely on you for emotional and health care!! You two have been together a long time!! We utilize the clinic so much now for our family that we don't you see you as much!! It's a big help with raising 4 kids!! We know you see how we are all doing and see all our sore throats,stitches and dislocate shoulders etc. We all would like now to let you know that we are thinking about you and your family!! We pray to the Lord that he continues to bless you and gives you strength in your fight for your health !!
    Robert & Debbie De Paiva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, it was a real shock to hear your news. I do hope that things go well and recovery comes quickly. My thoughts are with you.
    Barry Dalziel
    PS.I'm glad to see that you're managing to get back on the bike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dr Steve
    I was in the clinic yesterday with Wynona and got a copy of your letter. So sorry to hear about the diagnosis but it was good to read of your progress in the blog...I just read through the whole thing. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I'm grateful for the great care my family and I have had from you and Caroline since we started coming to your practice in Delta in 1989! You've been an encouragement to me over the years with my relatively minor health issues. Thanks...and get well soon!

    Brian Perry & family

    ReplyDelete