Thursday 22 September 2011

Steady as She Goes

It is now 7 days post transplant and 14 days post admission and things are going pretty much as expected. I  have experienced various side effects from the treatments but they have been anticipated and managed by my excellent care team. I pretty much sit back and do as I am told.


Engraftment, the functioning attachment of the new stem cells, is not expected to happen for another week or so. Patience is in order, and the reading is going well, currently enjoying "The Cat's Table".

Our UBC Medical School 25th reunion is on this weekend, and I hope to attend via videoconference and send my greetings. Yeah, Class of '86!


4 comments:

  1. Dear Dr Steve,
    We are so happy to hear you in such good spirits.I have been touched by your journey and your videos so much that I have registered as bone marrow donor.If I can make a difference and help you four battle against this disease I will do whatever I can do.You are in our thoughts and prayers daily and keep up the good fight.We look forward to seeing you soon
    With our Love,
    Jeff, Sayuri, Taylor, & Stephanie Craddock

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're happy to hear from you through your blog, Steve, and to learn that your condition is steady and things are going as expected. Take care! With love, Vicky & Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve,

    I'm so glad to hear things are going well. I can't tell you how often I think of both you and Caroline. You've always had a positive attitude which is certainly serving you well now. I will continue to send positive energy and love your way. Love, Jackie and Craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steven,
    I am very happy that you are going so well . I think about you very often and even i dont see you very much i love you. Iam sure that everything is gonna be very well.
    take care
    emily bellou

    ReplyDelete